Ahh, there's nothing like eating ripe summer fruit on a hot Arizona day! I made a delicious fruit salad today and included the following:Apricots
Gala Apples
Kiwi
Nectarines
Peaches
Plums
Raspberries
Topped with some Rainier and Bing cherries!
I drizzled some agave nectar on it to add a touch of sweetness. Agave nectar is from the blue agave plant in Mexico and is similar to honey, but thinner and sweeter. Here in Arizona, we get so much delicious and seasonal fruit ~ what's not grown locally mostly comes in from Mexico and California. Helps beat the heat since there's no cooking!
Seriously yummy. We have most of these fruits either from France or from Spain, which is nearby - however, in my fridge at the moment I have a watermelon, and that's what's making me hungry at the moment!
ReplyDeleteThis looks delicious! I'm hungry but it's 11:45pm, so time for bed!
ReplyDelete