Monday, November 16, 2009

Incoming

I was out of town, working in Las Vegas for a week (a bit of a challenge to do in a party town that never sleeps) and I came home to lots of great mail. Several postcards, handmade 45 record with song from Postcard Jim (a very talented art student in England, http://postcardjim.wordpress.com/), fabulous envie crafted from a record cover (vintage Della Reese) from Bianca in Australia, and two packages from my dear friend in Japan (not pictured but goodies included cheesecake mix, pasta, chili spice and cinnamon).
My Postcrossing (now penpal) friend from Finland also sent a photo (in the top center) of her daughter, who is a member of a hunting club and they're packing their deer out. The postcard with the cloud in the shape of a whale was sent to my niece and I from a Postcrosser in Maine.
I also received a stationery order from an etsy store: http://www.etsy.com/shop/wevegotpaper and I am so pleased!
I tried to get a closeup picture of this Finnish stamp, which has Braille on it:
Today I'm sending out postcards, a sympathy card, a protest letter to my Credit Union because they're closing two branches and working on several letters. Heading to Alabama tomorrow for a quick trip.

4 comments:

  1. Oh alabama is nice this time of year and the beach should be clean . the tourist season is over and the beach is always cleaner after that . thanks for sharing and wish my mailbox was that full . LOL !! Have a great trip dear .

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad that you liked your stationery order! And wow, you received A LOT of mail while you were gone! :)

    Julie xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey i got your postcard today!
    but i think you forgot to put the ID on
    im the one live in Taiwan(Reese)
    tell me the ID then i can soon register!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i see that was a thank you card!
    you are so sweet <3<3<3

    ReplyDelete