This very talented Texas artist, Leila, is having a giveaway for one of her original art pieces which she titled, "Gothic Graciela." She is inspired by Dia de los Muertos (Day of the Dead) and tattoo-art. I have purchased lots of postcards and one print from her. The company is called "Illustrated Ink." Here is one of the postcards that she designed; you know how I love cupcakes!
Wow, that is so beautiful! I love anything Dia de los Muertos inspired, ever since I studied a whole semester in high school on Frida Kahlo.
ReplyDeleteRegarding your comment - I noticed the lack of postage on that letter too! I have no idea how it got here with only a single stamp. I've stopped skimping on postage (if you make your letter really thin you can get away with only putting a $1.40 postcard stamp on it instead of the $2.10 letter stamp) since things I've sent have been returned.
Thank you so much for the comments about my assignment! It was a lot of fun to make, which was surprising as I don't tend to enjoy uni work! I took it in to hand in and saw all of the other work by my classmates and felt really daunted.
I use bits of things you've sent me on so many letters - I have a box of ephemera I dig into and it's not so full of things you've sent me anymore!
oh my dear you do know some real artists my dear . Love the post and thanks for the photo.
ReplyDeleteThank you for the lovely feature and for spreading the word about my giveaway! You're the best, your support means a lot to me!! :)
ReplyDelete