Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Heaps of Postcards

Pretty much everyone that knows me knows I love postcards.  I've been sending postcards to friends and family for many, many years.  I mail out postcards while on vacation, and I send silly or outrageous postcards, for absolutely no reason, too.  Sometimes it's fun to sign with a fake name (like a celebrity).  I used to send postcards fairly regularly to my grandmother, from destinations where I was working...often not exciting or glamorous places (like Lincoln, Nebraska) but my mom said my grandma LOVED to get mail from me, no matter where it came from.  Now that I've joined Postcrossing, I'm always on the lookout for original and unique postcards.  Some people of course, request the typical tourist postcard but I prefer selecting a card that is more personable whenever possible.  

I also have an obsession with shopping on etsy, but that's a story for another time.  I have found a number of talented artists and photographers who produce postcards, so here's a roundup of my most recent purchases.   
(Click the picture for information on the seller)
I adore Leila's Day of the Dead art.  So beautiful, colorful, original.  Prints, paintings, 
decorative pieces -- she is making new pieces all the time.  A Day of the Dead Hello Kitty!
 Julie of LaPapierre is a mighty talented Canadian artist.  She specializes in stationery packs and is becoming very popular with adding fresh designs to her shop, as well as marketing herself very creatively.  The "Punk Pin-Up" is one of my favorite items!
Claudia, is the artist behind NextLola, creates colorful illustrated postcards, stickers and notebooks featuring her animals.  The illustrations are adorable!  She was recently featured on the Postcrossing blog.  If you didn't have a chance to read her story, you can see it here.

I got four letters and a thank you card posted on Monday before I left on a business trip.  Mail went to Ukraine, Germany, San Francisco, England, and New Mexico.
 The back of the envelope for Carolee; all Italian-themed, from the card to my return address label.
 Green and gold for Julie.

6 comments:

  1. Thank you Garci for the the nice words about my illustrated postcards and...for the free promotion :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohh! How fun. Thanks for sharing these. I love them!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww, thank you so much for the kind words about me and La Papierre! <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for the feature, Garci! You are so kind to include me in your blog posts! I'm so happy you're enjoying your HK postcards!

    ReplyDelete