Mail Call
Hello from scorching hot Arizona! We've basically been hermits here in the house this weekend as it's too darn hot to go out anywhere (115F/46C yesterday). So we caught up on some TV programs and I wrote a few letters and postcards. I'm a bit behind on posting about mail...this went out a week or two ago:
I made the Robert Pattinson envelope from an old calendar to send some Eclipse postcards to a postcrosser. Three envelopes I decorated, starting at the top left, included an Italian theme, miscellaneous and a sports theme (Houston Astros baseball sticker and Arizona Diamondbacks baseball game stub).
My latest letter to Bianca in Oz was with a YELLOW theme, mailed in a clear sheet and thus everything was showing through. I plastered it with yellow stamps and included a recipe as seen on the back, written on a vintage yellow card. I like to use red when I send to her since it's her favorite color but I went with yellow this time!
Above is what I worked on this weekend; lots of Postcrossing postcards but
also to some friends/penpals in Colorado, Illinois and New Mexico.
At the top, the mail art envelope theme was simply by color in browns/tans and I also used a lot of vintage book text (English, French, Spanish) to decorate. The postcards, L to R, are S'Mores cupcakes that I made recently (sitting on a vintage cake stand), a vintage sewing pattern that I scanned and made into a photo postcard (groovy hairstyles!), a vintage children's book from my bookshelf, scanned and made into a photo postcard for a postcrosser, and a postcard of the lovely actress Carole Lombard. She was married to Clark Gable and tragically died at a young age in an airplane accident.
This comic just cracks me up!
Hey, will you send me your address again? Your pkg came back. Zootsuitmama xbettiexdoll@aol.com
ReplyDeleteHello Garci! Guess who :-)
ReplyDeleteYou already know my love of mail; thus I can spend hours and hours just drooling over these mail-related goodies. Speaking of which, I received yours about a week ago (so envious of your handwriting), and I just sent my reply -- hopefully it gets to you soon!
Ohh, I gotta show that comic strip to my mom! When she was first starting to find her way around cell phones and computers, she was looking for the "smiley button," as if it has an actual key of it's own!
And yes, I succumbed to the "blog-osphere." I feel that all these mail goodies are too delightful to pass up and not share around :-)
That comic is great :-)
ReplyDeleteI love clear envelopes, I should make some more. Hope it cools down for you soon!
Phew, you have been busy! I love the clear enevelope with a color theme, very cool (I didn't even know the PO would allow such a thing, good to know)!
ReplyDeleteoh my goodness, i would LOVE if that beautiful face (robert pattinson) showed up in my inbox... sounds cheeky! haha
ReplyDeletelove love love
Garci, I'm going though a cupcake phase myself! I'll be whipping up some chocolates tomorrow =D Yours look delich! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog =)
ReplyDeletexoxo
Violet