Treasure Hunt
I wanted to share some of my recent thrifting finds. I would bore you if I posted everything I find but I'm always on the lookout for vintage stationery, stamps, books, purses, deer figurines...
I collect deer figurines and found this one at an estate sale for $2.
Nesto's mom was doing some cupboard cleaning so we took the crystal box with bird on lid, vintage perfume decanter and the Avon cologne bottle with horse (and box).
Don't know why is this loading sideways! I found the small milk bottle from Peerless Dairy; the city location is the same name as my mom's maiden name. The vintage white jar with strawberry was a win from one of ZootSuitMama's giveaways!
I've been doing some crafting, too. I painted a couple of birdhouses and Nesto tacked on the license plate for the roof. The tote bag is a Dia de Los Muertos skull that is from the Crafty Chica crafts collection. I used fabric paint and glitter to fill it in! I only used black, silver and white glitter colors on this one; I know it's not real colorful, but I like it anyway.
Here is another birdhouse; this one with a 1976 Colorado license plate (the year of Colorado's Centennial, 100 years as a state). I used pearly white paint and enhanced the blue with glitter! The Crafty Chica would definitely approve.
Here are some postcards I made recently. Starting at the top left, I used pages from a calendar from Japan and added stamps for the purse of each "model." The top right is a map of London and the bottom left is a collage of stamps of HRH, Queen Elizabeth. Mostly British stamps, but a nice one from Hong Kong and several from Canada, too. One of them is en route to a Postcrosser right this minute!
I love your tote and your birdhouses!
ReplyDeleteOh and thank you for the postcard you sent me, it was awesome!
Glad you got it. It only took forever!! Zootsuitmama
ReplyDelete*Gasp* Love, love the deer and lady figurine!! What a lovely score!
ReplyDeleteI'm also a huge fan of craftychica, she's awesome! Nice tote!
Looks like your mailbox has been busy! What a haul! I also enjoyed the birdhouse with the license plate roof! Oh yea, I also left you a comment on my blog (artofaletter.blogspot.com) about the Tanglecrafts post card...if you get a chance check it out. Hope this finds you enjoying life. See you in the mail!
ReplyDeleteThe first one is just lovely!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteThanks for the comment on my blog.