Saturday, January 22, 2011

Blogging for Choice

I am proud to be pro-choice and I support a woman's right to choose.  I believe in sex education in our schools and the right to accessible and affordable birth control.  At the same time, I respect that others may not agree with me.  

I was raised by a single mother who was conservatively raised in the 1950's, was a registered Republican, and yet she was acutely aware of woman's rights.  She taught me to be independent, empathetic, and never be a second class citizen because I am a female.  I think she has lovingly raised two awesome daughters (and plays a huge role in her granddaughter's life), and today, coincidentally, is her birthday.  
Happy Birthday, Mummy!


(Sorry I posted this a day late; I'm working this weekend)

2 comments:

  1. love your blog! oh and you won the bunny brooch!!! email me a postal address and it's in the mail :) mantahay@yahoo.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I just got your comment, I wasn't sure if you meant that I should be posting more of my mail art on my blog or if I should be waiting longer to post the pictures. You can e-mail me at maryhassound@yahoo.com if you want. I just wanted to clarify what you meant. :) Thanks!

    ReplyDelete