Saturday, February 12, 2011

Be My Valentine

Hello lovelies!  wanted to share some pretty Valentine images with you.  Here's our 
February pinup calendar girl (Gil Elvgren), momentarily taken off our wall to scan.
 
 
 Everybody is familiar with these conversational candy hearts.  
But have you seen them in Spanish?   
Dulce - sweet/candy, Hola - hello, Beso -- kiss, Te Amo -- I love you  

I didn't realize I had so many vintage valentines ~ here are a few of my favorites:
 






 The backs of the vintage Valentines are always interesting.  You can tell they are vintage just by the old-fashioned names:  Ned, Fred, Esther, Thelma, Leo, Roy, and Shirley.
 Pink cupcakes are definitely perfect for your Valentine:

2 comments:

  1. Love the vintage Valentines! Unfortunately, I remember some of the vintage ones from my youth! Cute post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Valentine's Day! Those are so cute!! And you are right a pink cupcake is perfect!!

    Take care,

    Kim

    ReplyDelete