Thursday, February 24, 2011

Mail as Art

 While Mum and I were out running some errands last week downtown, we stopped at the new Chandler City Hall building, which is just gorgeous.  They have moved the Vision Gallery into the building and the current exhibit is, "Full Deck:  A Short History of Skate Art."  There is amazing art, all on skateboards!  Of course I really loved the one covered in postage stamps!
 
 I also spotted these small canvas pieces, with a postage/Southwestern theme:
 I looked around my house to see what artful things (besides books) that I have with a 
postal theme, and I see this shopping bag with faux postage stamps:
 And these goodies are a paperweight featuring Big Ben in London, a magnet 
with a Japanese postal box, and a tea tin of a British postal box:
(Sorry the photo came out sideways)
My favorite is this often-used zippered pouch that holds mail art supplies when I travel 
(click for details):
I would love to have this little bag (click for details):
What kind of postal art or goods do you have at home?

2 comments:

  1. Eeeep! I have that airmail pencil pouch! I bought it at Paper Source. It holds my tools for making mail art, quite essential. I love it. And this post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love postal related things, too. I have a few small postal related ornaments, but what I really want is one of these rugs.

    ReplyDelete