Friday, June 4, 2010

Italy + Letters + Romantic Comedy = Sweet!

I saw a sweet movie tonight called "Letters to Juliet." It is set in Italy, which is one of the most beautiful places I've ever visited, and seeing Tuscany like that makes me want to go right now. I loved the soundtrack that features some Italian pop music and Taylor Swift. Cute love story! Here's the story from the movie's Facebook page:

Letters To Juliet is an enchanting story about love—of encountering new sparks and rekindling old flames. When a young American, Sophie (Amanda Seyfried), travels to Verona, Italy—the romantic city where Romeo first met Juliet—she meets a group of volunteers who responds to letters written to Juliet seeking advice about love. Sophie finds and responds to a letter that has been lost for 50 years, which inspires its author Claire (Vanessa Redgrave) to travel to Italy to find her her long-lost soul mate. Together, the two women embark on an adventure that will change their lives forever—a journey filled with laughter and companionship, discoveries about themselves and the meaning of true love.

2 comments:

  1. so glad you enjoyed it my friend went and saw it and she said it was not very good in her opinion but she is not the romantic type anyways so there you go .

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard very mixed reviews. I think I'll wait till it comes out on DVD. I'd love to see it for the Verona landscape, if nothing else!

    ReplyDelete