Sunday, June 13, 2010

Things I am digging

I love World Cup soccer! Every match is pretty exciting.

A very clean and dust-free house!

The Jacaranda trees just finished their annual blooming (I love the purple flowers). That's the tree in our backyard.



Walking with Mum in our lovely local parks (Tumbleweed and Veteran's Oasis), usually with the borrowed dog (Gizmo).













A perfect omelet with basil from the garden and vidalia onion.

Ernesto's bronze stag (a birthday gift).













Currently harvesting/eating from the garden: Basil, tomatoes and cucumber.














Ducklings in the pond out back.









Things from this morning's walk: A mama and her four baby quail (no photo ~ seriously, those guys move way too fast to snap a pic), really neat cacti, woodpeckers at work, some tacky patio decor.


















Lemonade with mint. It tastes like summer in a glass.

Estate sale finds: Tons of stamps (used and unused), vintage metal deer marked "Germany" for E's Christmas stocking, label maker tape (old school kind), large amber vase from Italy.

Three fans blowing in our bedroom at night.

Taking the niece to a Phoenix Mercury game (professional women's basketball) and Mum saw us on TV (we were in the second row). Look for Emmi's yellow shirt to the right of the basket.

3 comments:

  1. I have been watching the World Cup, I am not a big sport fanatic but the World cup always sucks me in. I got up at 4am to watch Australia play which ended up being pretty depressing. Will be replying to your letter soon, sorry I have taken so long.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lemonade with mint sounds exactly like summer in a glass!

    I've been watching the World Cup games too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I lOve the photo's Garci, that tree is beautiful. Does your garden back on a river then?
    I am afraid to say England are now out of the world cup so i will no longer be watching the matches he he not that i was watching any way. Ashley was watching and then re laying the information back to me :D
    I hope you and your family are all well?
    Sending big big hugs Gem xxxxx

    ReplyDelete